书城外语不可思议!原来我的英语这么溜!
31769300000017

第17章 情感表达(5)

I overdid it.我做得太过了。

I just forgot.我给忘了。

升级版

I should have known better.我应该多了解一下情况的。

I wish I wouldn't have said that.真希望我当时没那么说。

I acted like a fool.我简直就跟个傻子似的。

It was thoughtless of me to do such a thing.我这么做真是没脑子。

It was hasty of me to do so.我这么做真是太轻率了。

I regret my action.我对我所做的事感到后悔。

I am sorry for what I have done.我对我所做的事感到后悔。

I couldn't help it.我实在是忍不住。

I had no other choice.我别无选择。

I had no choice in the matter.在这个问题上,我别无选择。

There was nothing else I couldn't have done.我实在是没别的办法了。

It was my only choice.那是我唯一的办法了。

I wish I had studied harder.我要是再用功点就好了。

I regret not studying harder.我很后悔没有用功学习。

I should have studied harder.我学习应该再努力一点的。

I should have asked him.我要是问他一下就好了。

I wish I had asked him.我要是问他一下就好了。

It would have been better to have asked him.我要是问他一下就好了。

It slipped my mind.不留神给忘了。

I forgot all about it.我彻底给忘了。

情境紧张

简易版

I was too nervous.我当时太紧张了。

I am anxious.我很担心。

My knees are shacking.我的膝盖在发抖。

My heart is pounding like a drum.我的心跳得跟敲鼓似的。

Calm down.请镇定。

Relax.放轻松。

Don't panic.别紧张。

Take a deep breath.深呼吸一下。

Why are you so uptight? 你为什么这么紧张?

升级版

I was too uptight.我当时太紧张了。

Cool it.别紧张。

Chill out.别紧张。

He got ants in his pants.他非常紧张。

He is like a cat on a hot tin roof.他紧张得像热锅上的蚂蚁似的。

He got butterflies in his stomach.他非常紧张。

情境3 惊讶

简易版

I'm surprised! 真令我感到惊讶!

I'm so surprised! 真令我感到惊讶!

What a surprise! 真叫人吃惊!

How amazing.太令人惊讶了!

I'm ecstatic! 我都欣喜若狂了!

Great surprise! 惊喜!

I'm shocked! 我被震到了!

Wow.哇。

Incredible! 难以置信!

I can't believe my eyes.我简直不敢相信我眼睛所看到的。

It can't be.不可能。

My God! 我的天哪!

Are you sure? 你确定吗?

Guess who is coming to your party? 猜猜看你的聚会都有谁会来?

Sorry,I ruined your surprise.抱歉,我破坏了你的惊喜。

Is this a surprise party or what? 这是个惊喜派对,还是别的什么?

Did you see the surprise look on his face?

你看见他脸上惊讶的表情了吗?

I'm sorry if I accidentally ruined the surprise party.

如果我意外地破坏了惊喜聚会的话,我很抱歉。

升级版

That's extraordinary.太神奇了。

Fancy that.真想不到。

I'm very surprised to hear that.听说这件事,我真的挺吃惊的。

It's hard to believe.太难以置信了。

Who can have thought of it? 谁能想到会是这样啊?

I wouldn't have guessed.我不该瞎猜的。

Did you know about the surprise party? 你知道那个秘密聚会吗?

We bought you flowers for your birthday.

你生日聚会我们给你买了鲜花。

Your parents won't be there.你父母不会过去的。

I wasn't supposed to tell you.我不该告诉你的。

I'll keep my mouth shut next time.下次我一定会闭紧嘴巴的。

I love surprises except when they are for me.

我喜欢给别人惊喜,但不喜欢别人给我惊喜。

I can't stand it when someone leaks out a surprise.

我不能忍受有人把惊喜事先泄漏出去。

I didn't mean to hide anything from you,but it was all worth it in the end.

我不想瞒你任何事,但最后这件事却值得隐瞒。

I was so surprised that she fainted.

我很惊讶她昏倒了。

You should never tell her about a surprise party. She is bound to ruin it.

你不应该告诉她惊喜晚会的事。她肯定会泄漏出去。

To my surprise,he proposed to me on my birthday.

令我惊讶的是,他在我生日那天向我求婚了。

He didn't even see it coming when they told him he was fired.

当他们告诉他被解雇时,他一点心理准备都没有。

Who would have guessed that she was carrying twins?

谁会猜到她怀的是双胞胎?

There was a look of astonishment when they announced the underdog as

the Oscar winner.

当他们宣布不被看好的提名者获得奥斯卡奖时,人们都很惊讶。

Sometimes you can tell that there is a genuine surprise when the winners

are announced.

有时宣布获胜者时,真让人意外。

Can someone fake a surprised look?

有人能装出一脸惊讶吗?

情境4 疑惑

简易版

I really doubt.我真的很怀疑。

It's reliable.很可靠。

It's a little suspicious.有点可疑啊。

It's strange.真奇怪。

That's a lie.你说谎。

I don't buy that.我才不信。

Is it true? 你说的是真的吗?

You are lying! 你说谎!

There's no doubt.没什么可疑的。

升级版

I have my doubts.我很怀疑。

I am doubtful.我很怀疑。

I smell a rat here.我感到有可疑之处。

It's fishy.很可疑。

Your noise is growing.你老胡说八道。

Do you think I will fall for that? 你觉得我会信吗?

Don't try to fool me with your lies.别打算拿假话来哄骗我。

Don't lie to me.别跟我撒谎。

You are crying wolf again.你又开始撒谎了。

You don't fool me.别拿我当傻子。

I have no doubt.我不会怀疑。

No doubt about it.没什么可疑的。

Without a doubt.没什么可疑的。

情境5 恐慌

简易版

I'm afraid/scared/frightened.我害怕。

I was terrified.当时我吓坏了。

I was scared to death.我当时都吓死了。

That's what I am afraid of.这就是我害怕的。

Why are you so scared? 你在怕些什么?

That gave me the creeps.我都起鸡皮疙瘩了。

升级版

I was scared ****less.当时我非常害怕。

→表示非常害怕。

I was extremely terrified.当时我特别害怕。

That's what scared me.那就是我所害怕的。

That's what I am scared of.这就是我害怕的。

What are you scared of 你害怕什么?

What are you afraid of 你害怕什么?

I got goose bump.我都起鸡皮疙瘩了。

I got the chills.我都起鸡皮疙瘩了。

It made my skin crawl.我感觉毛毛的。

偶像剧场Role-Play

偶像剧里,男女主角相亲前,除非对对方完全不在乎,否则“紧张”这种情绪传染剂是一定会存在的。这时候,死党的作用和好处就凸显出来啦!

A.You look very nervous,Joe. Relax!

乔,你看起来非常紧张。放松点!

B.I can't. You know this is my first blind date. My heart is beating very quickly.

我不能。你知道的,这是我第一次相亲。我的心跳得非常快。

A.Then take a deep breathe or go out to get some fresh air.

那么深呼吸或者去外面呼吸一下新鲜空气。

B.It's useless.

没用的。

A.Actually you don't have to be so nervous. You look great today and that girl is very nice and easy-going.

事实上,你不必如此紧张。你今天看上去很棒,而且那个女孩非常漂亮,又容易相处。

B.Really?

真的吗?

A.Sure.

当然。

B.Maybe that girl is as nervous as me.

或许那个女孩也跟我一样紧张。

A.Well,maybe.

呃,或许吧。