书城外语商务英语网络900句典
45761500000004

第4章 Fundamentals of E-commerce电子商务基础

use 使用

What search engine do you usually use?

你通常用什么搜索引擎?

How to use the search engine?

如何使用搜索引擎呢?

Did you use the search engine?

你用搜索引擎了吗?

visit 访问

Visiting Search Engine Watch(at www.searchenginewatch.com)for more information.

访问Search Engine Watch(at www.searchenginewatch.com)可以得到更多的信息。

find 查找

The search engine can find pages about your topic.

搜索引擎能查找有关此话题的网页。

You can find stage by stage according to the classification of web stations.

你可以按其对网站的分类逐步查找。

provide 提供

The Search Engine Watch site provides a mine of information on all the leading search engines.

Search Engine Watch网站提供了一个所有主要搜索引擎的信息库。

search... 搜索……

Search engine refers to the Web site that provide information search service.

搜索引擎是指因特网上提供信息检索服务的网站。

How can I search for information on the Internet?

如何在网上搜索信息呢?

I usually use several different search engines at the same time.

我常常同时使用不同的搜索引擎。

You can search on Internet,there are many introductions about these.

你可以在网站搜索一下,那里有很多关于这方面的介绍。

Different sites are registered with different search engines,and different engines use different logic to search,so they will all turn up different results.

不同的搜索引擎所登记的网站并不一样,而且不同的搜索引擎使用不同的逻辑来搜索,所以所得的结果就不一样。

After getting into search engine or navigation station and input the key word to be searched,automatic search will begin.

进入网上的搜索引擎或导航站点,在检索框里输入要检索的关键词后,自动检索就开始了。

keyword 关键词

Effective keywords are the most important way for achieving a high ranking on search engine indexes.

有效的关键词是获得搜索引擎较高排位的最重要手段。

Keywords are the words or phrases Internet users type into an engine to find relevant sites.

关键词就是互联网用户为找到相关网站在某个搜索引擎上输入的词或短语。

Your aim should be to identify the most likely keywords that will be used.

你的目标就是找出他人最可能使用的关键词。

These keywords will also be required when you fill in the submission forms at all of the main search engines.

当你填写所有主要搜索引擎的申请表时,还需要用到这些关键词。

You should find the right keywords.

你需要找到正确的关键词。

Search engine success is not simply a question of keywords and site deions.

搜索引擎的成功不是一个简单的关键词和网站描述的问题。

The keywords tag lets you enter a list of relevant keywords for your site.

关键词标签可以让你输入一系列与你的网站相关的关键词。

consulation 查询

Which website can be famous for its consulation?

哪个网站以它的查询功能而著名?

It s famous for its united consulation for nine big cities in China.

它以中国九大城市的联合查询而著称。

registration 注册

Domain name registration provides one easy way for search engine.

域名注册可为搜索引擎提供一个简单的方法。

link 链接

You should make sure your links work.

你要确保你的链接工作正常。

The Internet retains strong links with the TV media.

网络和电视媒体保持着强有力的联系。

add a search engine 增设一个搜索引擎

If your site increases beyond 30 or so text based pages,you might decide to add a search engine.

如果你的网站扩大,文本网页超过30个,就应该考虑增加一个搜索引擎。

A:There are millions of web pages on the net.How do I find what I m looking for?

网上有数百万的网页,我怎样才能找到我想要的东西呢?

B:Use a search engine like Baidu and Yahoo.

用搜索引擎,比如:百度和雅虎。

A:How does it work?

它是如何工作的呢?

B:You enter the name or topic you are interested in then ask the search engine to find pages about your topic.

你输入你感兴趣的名字或话题,让搜索引擎查找有关此话题的网页。

A:How to use the search engine?

如何使用搜索引擎呢?

B:Let me tell you step by step.

让我一步步地告诉你。

A:OK!

好!

B:At first,we can click www.yahoo.com.cn.

首先,我们可以点击雅虎网站。

A:Shall we use the search engine on it?

我们要用它上面的搜索引擎吗?

B:Yes,we type into the keywords.

是的,我们输入关键单词。

A:Then it will search automatically?

然后它就会自动搜索了?

B:Yes,it will show a lot of websites about the key words.

是的,它会列举一系列与关键词有关的网址。

A:If I find the website I need,what shall I do?

如果我找到我所需要的网站,我该怎么做?

B:That s easy,click the website,and you can enter.

很好办,你可以点击网站,这样你就可以进入了。

A:Thank you for your help!

谢谢你的帮助。

E-mail

电子邮件

apply for an e-mail account

申请电子邮件账户

It s pretty straightforward to apply for an e-mail account from an ISP.

从互联网服务商那儿申请电子邮件账户很简单。

I ll apply for my e-mail account from them.

我要从他们那儿申请我的电子邮件账户。

Is it bother to apply for a free e-mail account from these providers?

从这些服务商那儿申请免费电子邮件账户麻烦不麻烦?

login e-mail account

登录电子邮件账户

If you don t input both your user name and password correctly,you are unable to login your e-mail account.

如果你不正确输入你的用户名和密码,你就无法登录你的电子邮件账户。

You must type it right every single time when you login your e-mail account.

你每次登录电子邮件账户时都得输入正确。

e-mail 发电子邮件

I ll e-mail you tomorrow with the details.

我明天给你发电子邮件,告诉你详情。

She says she e-mailed me,but I didn t receive anything.

她说她给我发电子邮件了,但我什么也没收到。

They re e-mailing their friends in the States.

他们正在给美国的朋友发电子邮件。

I m just e-mailing Jenny the dates for the conference.

我正把会议的日期用电子邮件发给珍妮。

I e-mailed her with the dates.

我把日期写在附件里发给她了。

I e-mailed her the dates.

我把日期用电子邮件发给她了。

send... 传送/发送……

e-mail is used for sending single or multiple messages to several individuals,or to groups of associated users.

e-mail 可用来向若干个人或互有联系的用户的群体发送一种或多种信息。

e-mail is used for sending text files.

e-mail 可用来发送文本文件。

Users can send mail to single recipient or broadcast it to multiple users.

用户可以把邮件发送给一个接收者,或者传送给多个用户。

If I have the e-mail address,can I send more than one attachments in a single e-mail?

我如果有电子邮件地址,在一个邮件中能发送多个附件吗?

The program automatically includes these attachments when you send your e-mail.

当你发送邮件时,程序自动包括这些附件。

You d better send fewer attachments each time.

你最好每次发送较少的附件。

Computer users are able to send information through e-mail worldwide in less than one minute.

计算机用户可以通过电子邮件在一分钟之内向全世界发送信息。

receive and send... 收发(邮件)

With e-mail services,computer users can receive and send messages in a pretty convenient way.

有了电子邮件系统,计算机用户就能方便地收发信息。

A user can t start receiving and sending messages without an e-mail account.

没有电子邮件账户,用户无法开始收发信息。

This button will allow you to send a reply to someone that sent you e-mail.

此按钮用于给你发信的人写回信。

set up... 设置……

Users must get their e-mail systems set up first before they can use them.

用户必须在电子邮件系统设置完毕后才能使用这些系统。

The network administrator of an institution is in charge of setting up its e-mail system.

机构的网管人员负责设置该机构的电子邮件系统。receive... 接收……/收到……

You receive e-mails from e-mail server.

你通过电子邮件服务器接收邮件。

You can also receive regular news on thousands of topics in your mailbox.

你还可以用电子邮箱接收数以千计的专题型定期新闻。

How long does it take to receive them?

那需要多长时间才能收到啊?

open... 打开……

If I click the paperclip icon on the message window,will the attached file open?

如果我单击信文窗口上的这个回形针图标,附件就会打开吗?

This opens a pop up menu containing the name of all attached files.

会打开一个弹出式菜单,包含所有附件的名称。

Then I select the file I want to open.

然后选择我要打开的文件。

If I choose open it,Outlook Express will display the attachment s contents.Is that right?

如果我选择“打开”,Outlook Express 将显示附件的内容。我说得对吗?

In fact the appropriate application open it.

实际上是相应的应用程序打开它。

If the attachment is a word document,the Word will open it.

如果附件是一个word文档,Word程序将打开它。

You just scroll through the list to find a message you want to open and double click it,then the message opens in a message window.

在列表中滚动查找到你要打开的信文并双击它,信的内容就在信文窗口打开了。

attachment 附件

An attachment is a file or an object that is attached to a message.

附件是一个附加到信文的文件或对象。

Regular e-mail messages cannot contain computer viruses,but attachments can.

常规的电子邮件信文不会包含计算机病毒,但附件却可以。

You can place attachments in messages you send,and you can receive messages with attachments.

你可以把附件加到发送信文中,也能够接收带有附件的信文。

The most common reason for attaching a file to a message is to send some information without having to type it into the original message.

给信文添加附件的最通常的原因是发送更多信息,而不用再把它们向原始信文键入。

Once you are sure there is no virus attached to your e-mail,you can then read the message and use the attachment.

一旦确保没有病毒附属在邮件中,便可以阅读信文和使用附件了。

If your e-mail program has a virus detector for the attachment,it is always a good idea to scan any attachment you received for viruses before using it.

如果你的电子邮件程序装有对附件的病毒检测功能,对收到的附件在使用之前进行病毒扫描总是一个好主意。reply.../reply to all... 回复……/全部回复……

This button will allow you to send a reply to someone that sent you e-mail.

此按钮用于给你发信的人写回信。

Pressing the button allows you to reply to all of the e-mail address.

按下此钮将回复所有邮件地址。

forward... 转发……

This button will help you to forward a mail you received to someone else.

此按钮将帮助你把收到的邮件转发给别人。

offline离线

Offline means not connecting to a computer network service.

离线是指不连接计算机网络服务。

You might compose the letter on your computer offline,and then go online to send it.

你可以在计算机离线状态下写信,然后再上网发送出去。

商务电子邮件

收件者rosen123@freedomdaily.com寄件者danton@prodigy.net主题Counter OfferDear Rosen,

Thank you for your mail of January 16th.

I appreciate the exceptional quality of your product and the way in which you have handled my inquiry.

But your prices are too high even for this quality.To accept your prices would leave me with only a small profit since the principal demand here is for cotton shirts in the medium price range.If you want to introduce the product into the market here,you will have to consider some allowance on your quoted prices.Otherwise,I am afraid,my customers will probably turn to other suppliers.

I am looking forward to your price reduction.

Sincerely yours,

Fred Danton

收件者rosen123@freedomdaily.com寄件者danton@prodigy.net主题还盘亲爱的罗森:

谢谢贵方1月16日的邮件。

对贵方产品的质量我非常满意,同时,我方也非常感激贵方对我方询盘的处理。

但是贵方的价格偏高,这样的话,我方的利润会很小。这里的顾客对全棉衬衣的价格要求是中档价位。如果贵方打算开发我方市场,最好能考虑一下价格上的让步。否则,我担心我们的顾客会购买其他同类产品。

等待贵方的降价。

弗雷德·丹东

A:Good afternoon,Amber.

下午好,安伯。

B:Good afternoon,Vera.

下午好,维拉。

A:It is said that more and more people are using e-mail now.Can you tell me its advantages?

据说越来越多的人用电子邮件了,它有什么方便之处吗?

B:Sure,it has many advantages than the common post.

当然,比起普通邮寄来说,它有很多方便之处。

A:Really?Tell me about it.

真的吗?给我说一下。

B:It is very fast,maybe you can receive it from thousand miles away in several minutes.

电子邮件非常快,几分钟之内就可收到千里之外的信。

A:Great!

太棒了。

B:And the charge is less.

而且费用很低。

A:That means I can save a lot.

就是说我可以省下很多钱。

B:Yes,and it not only can send characters,but also music,pictures and so on.

是的,还有它不仅可以发送文字,还可以发送音乐、图片等。

A:Really?That s wonderful.

真的吗?太好了。

B:Once you try it,you will love it.

你一旦试了,你就会喜欢上它。

A:I will try,thanks!

我会试的,谢谢。

B:You re welcome.

不客气。

Word Processing

文字处理

word processor 文字处理器

Word processors are able to ease lots of work related to typing,proofing and manipulating words.

文字处理软件可以大大减轻与打字、校对及文字运用有关的大量工作。

The real strength of a word processor is that it is capable of storing,recalling,and changing words.

文字处理软件的真正强项是它可以存储、调用和修改文字。

A word processor is able to retrieve the text files stored in a computer anytime.

文字处理软件可随时检索存储在计算机内的文本文件。

Search and replace features of a word processor get more appealing with the growth of the amount of text.

文章越长,文字处理软件的查找和替换功能就越有吸引力。

Most word processors are able to display edited texts with editor s marks.

多数文字处理软件可以显示带有编辑修改记号的编辑后文本。

A word processor can show the text with editing marks indicating spaces,returns,paragraph endings,applied styles,etc.

文字处理软件可以显示注有空格、回车、段落结束及文件所用样式等编辑记号的文本。

Word processors can handle most of the word editing related issues that handled by human editors at a much faster speed.

文字处理软件可处理编辑人员处理的大多数文字编辑问题,其速度要快得多。

Word processor is application software you can use to produce documents,including letters,reports,manuals and newsletters.

文字处理器是一种应用软件,可用于产生文档,包括信件、报告、手册和业务通讯。

Two popular word processors are Microsoft Word and Kingsoft WPS in China.

在中国,两个普遍使用的字处理软件,即微软的Word和金山公司的WPS。

Word processors are typing programs that allow you to type texts,insert pictures,format the way that the document looks,and make changes without having to retype entire pages.

文字处理器是键入文字的程序,允许键入文本、插入图片、按照文档的外观排版,并可以修改它,而不必重新输入整个页面。

A word processor creates,edits,saves,and prints documents.

文字处理软件能够创建、编辑、保存和打印文档。

word processing 文字处理

There are many reasons for using computers today.Word processing is the most popular area.

当今有很多原因让我们使用计算机。文字处理是最普及的领域。

In fact today it is difficult to buy a computer without word processing software included.

事实上,现在已经很难买到不带文字处理软件的计算机了。

word processing application

文字处理应用

Computer word processing applications get increasingly important in business and daily life.

计算机文字处理应用在工作和生活中变得越来越重要。

Word processing applications are overwhelmingly popular today.

如今文字处理应用异常火暴。 creat(a document) 创建(文档)

In most applications,the“File”menu contains the option for creating a new document.

在大多数应用程序中,“文件”菜单包含用于创建新文档的选项。

The“new creat”option is usually the first one in the “File”menu.

“新建”通常是“文件”菜单中的第一个选项。

The“new document”you create will vary based on the type of program you are using.

你创建的“新文档”根据你使用的程序类型会有所不同。

If you create a new document in a word processor,the program will create a blank page for you to type into.

如果你在文字处理程序中创建一个新文档,程序将创建一个空白页供你键入。

spell check 拼写检查

The spell checking function coming with word processors is able to fix typing errors.

文字处理软件的拼写检查功能可以修改打字错误。

The spell checker points out possible typing mistakes made by users.

拼写检查器可指出用户可能犯的拼写错误。

If any typed words don t match the dictionary,spell checker will notify the user.

如果任何输入文字与字典不符,拼写检查器将通知用户。

Most spell checkers provide correct spellings to allow a user a to pick the right one.

多数拼写检查器提供正确拼写供用户进行正确选择。

Most users proofread their spell checked files for a couple of times to ensure their correctness.

多数用户多次审阅经过拼写检查的文件以确保其正确性。 grammar check 语法检查

The grammar checking function in word processors count typed words in sentences.

文字处理软件的语法检查器对输入到句子里的文字进行计数操作。

Word processors use their grammar checking function to prevent run on sentences from happening.

文字处理软件用其语法检查功能来防止不换行的句子出现。

With grammar checking function,the possible conflicts between subjects and verbs in sentences can be found.

有了语法检查功能,句子里可能出现的主谓语不一致现象就能被发现。

Although the grammer checking function is a step ahead of the spell checking one,it is unable to take the place of human editors.

尽管语法检查功能比拼写检查功能进了一步,但还是不能取代编辑人员。

Grammar checking function gives users another chance to consider what they have written and alerts them to problems.

语法检查功能给用户另一个机会考虑他们写的东西,并向用户发出警示。

Grammar checkers identify poor wording,grammar and long sentences.

语法检查功能识别拙劣的措辞、语法和长句子。

copy 复制

If you wish to copy any part of your document to paste to another part,you first have to select that text that you want copied.

如果你想把文档的任何部分复制到其他部分,首先必须选择要复制的文本。

By clicking the Copy icon in the tool bar or in the Edit menu,this copies what you selected to a clipboard,which you cannot see.

在工具栏上或编辑菜单中单击“复制”图标,所选择的内容就被复制到你看不见的剪贴板中。

print 打印

When you have finished everything and have checked it all over,you will probably want to print your document.

当你做完了所有的事情,并全面检查过了,可能希望打印文档。

When you click the Print icon in the tool bar,a printing dialog box pops up.There is a lot of information here.

当你在工具栏上单击“打印”图标时,弹出一个打印对话框。这里有很多信息。

You can change the number of copies you wish to print,but otherwise just click OK or Print button.

你可以改变要打印的副本数量,否则仅单击“确定”或“打印”按钮即可。

We re just about to print the final version.

我们将打印最终版本。

replace 替换

For example,you can search for every instance of“Jodi”and replace it with“Jody”.

例如,你可以搜索每个“Jodi”并替换成“Jody”。

Replacing feature is to find an change every occurrence of a word or phrase in a document.

替换是在文档中对一个字或词的每次出现进行查找并修改。

zoom 缩放

Zoom means to enlarge or reduce the display of texts or graphics on your screen.

缩放意味着在屏幕上增大或缩小文本或图形。

wizard 向导

Wizard is an on screen assistant built into Microsoft software like Word,Excel,and PowerPoint.

向导是微软软件如Word,Excel和PowerPoint内置的一种在屏幕上显示的助理工具。

Wizard provides you with step by step assistance in completing a task.

在你完成一项任务的过程中,向导提供一步一步的协助。

For example,a wizard asks questions and uses your responses to automatically set up a document.

例如,向导问几个问题,并用你的回答自动地创建一个文档。

A:Computer word processing is one of the most common applications for most computer users.Do you think so?

计算机文字处理是大多数计算机用户最常用的计算机应用之一,是这样吗?

B:Sure.Even I can tell that word processing is overwhelmingly popular today.

当然。就连我都觉得文字处理当今如火如荼。

A:Yeah.Writing letters,memos or reports are ways most users use computers.With word processing software or a word processor,users are able to manipulate words and text on a computer screen.

对。大多数用户用计算机写信、业务便函、报告。有了文字处理软件,也叫文字处理器,用户就能驾驭计算机屏幕上的文字和文本。

B:Therefore,computers ease much of the tedium associated with typing,proofing and manipulating words.

所以计算机大大减轻了与打字、校对及文字运用有关的枯燥工作。

A:Exactly.Since computers are capable of storing and recalling data so easily,files need not be retyped from scratch just to make corrections or changes.The real strength of a word processor is its ability to store,retrieve,and change data.

一点儿不错。因为计算机可以轻而易举地存储、调用数据,所以用户就不用为给文件改错或修改文件而把文件重打一遍。文字处理软件的真正强项是它存储、调用及修改数据的功能。

B:Sounds sensible.

听着很说明问题。

A:Word processing is more than just typing.Search and replace features coming with words processors allow users to locate a particular word or phrase no matter where it is in a body of text.

文字处理不仅仅限于打字。文字处理的查找和替换功能可使用户找到文件内任何地方的特定文字和段落。

B:These features become more useful with the growth of the amount of text.

文章越长,这个功能就显得越实用。

A:You can say that again.

说得对。

Spreadsheet

电子表格

Type in/enter/put...into/input 输入

A user needs to select the cell where data goes first and then type in the data.

用户得先选择输入数据的单元然后输入数据。

When you finish entering data,just hit the“enter”key and the data will go to the cell you selected.

输入完数据后,你只需点一下“enter”键,数据就输入到你选择的单元格里了。

It s no big deal to enter data wrong and what you need to do is delete the wrong data and reenter the correct one.

输错数据也没什么大不了的,你只要删除错误数据,并重新输入正确数据就行了。

With a spreadsheet,users just need to input data and the spreadsheet will take care of all the number processing.

有了电子表格用户只需输入数据,电子表格来做所有的数字运算。

To enter information into a spreadsheet,you simply click the mouse on the cell where you want data to appear,and then type.

要向电子表格输入数据,你只需用鼠标单击希望数据出现的单元格,然后键入。

Then you press Return or Enter.

然后按Return(回车)键或Enter(输入)键。

Entry bar 输入栏

What is the Entry Bar?

什么是输入栏啊?

The Entry Bar is a working area in the worksheet.

输入栏是工作表内的一个工作区。

Where is Entry Bar located at the worksheet?

输入栏在工作表的什么位置呢?

The Entry Bar right below the icons of the worksheet.

输入栏就在工作表图标的下面。

The“Entry Bar”in a spreadsheet means a working area in the worksheets where a user types in data.

电子表格里的“输入栏”指工作表内用户输入数据的工作区。

calculation 运算/计算

Users may apply spreadsheet built in formulas to perform most calculations.

用户可应用电子表格的自带公式进行大多数计算。

We have formula calculation and functional calculation to go and how about giving the formula calculation a shot first?

我们还有公式计算和函数计算要谈,先谈谈公式计算怎么样?

Most users take advantage of spreadsheet s powerful calculative functions to conduct various calculations.

许多用户利用电子表格强大的运算功能进行各种运算。

What kind of calculations do users use most frequently?

用户最常进行哪些运算?

The most common spreadsheet calculations are the formula calculation and functional calculation.

最常用的电子表格运算是公式运算和函数运算。

I can perform most of the common calculations by this way.

我可以用这种方法进行大多数常见运算。

In addition to formula calculations,functional calculations are also widely used in spreadsheet applications.

除了公式运算外,函数运算在电子表格中的应用也很广。

worksheet 工作表

The working area framed by the letters and numbers in a spreadsheet is called a worksheet.

电子表格内由字母和数字框起来的区域称为工作表。

A“cell”in a spreadsheet refers to the intersection of each row and column in a worksheet.

电子表格里的“单元格”指工作表内每行和列的交叉区域。

It s pretty straightforward for a user to select a certain area with adjacent cells in a worksheet.

用户可以轻而易举地选定工作表内由相邻单元组成的特定区域。

Most spreadsheet applications include more than one worksheet in a file.

大多数电子表格应用软件在一个文件中包括一个以上的工作表。

This is referred to as a three dimensional worksheet.

这被称为三维工作表。

At the bottom of the Excel screen are Sheet Tabs.By clicking it you can move between worksheets.

在Excel屏幕的底部有“表标签”,单击标签可以在工作表之间转换。

set 设置

You can set the number of decimals.

你可以设置数字的小数位。

You have to set a number formatting option.

你必须设置数字格式化选项。

On the Number tab,set the options as you want,then click the OK button.

在“数字”选项卡上设置所需的选项,然后单击“确定”按钮。

formula 公式

In fact,the real power of spreadsheets is its formulas!

事实上,电子表格的真正威力是它的公式!

All Excel formulas must start with the“=”symbol.

所有Excel公式都必须以等号开头。

A formula does calculations with the numbers in other cells.

公式对其他单元格中的数字进行计算。

For example,the data can be“added up”by a formula to give a total or sum.

例如,数据可以通过公式加起来,得到合计数或总数。

Absolute cell reference is left as is when copying a formula to other cells.

当把公式复制到其他单元格时,绝对区段参考保持不变。

sort/order 排序

First you must indicate what data in the spreadsheet is to be sorted.

首先你必须指出电子表中哪些数据要排序。

You select Sort on the Data menu.The Sort options dialog box appears.

在数据菜单中选择“排序”,出现“排序选项”对话框。

Here you can select Sort by column and order(Ascending or Descending).

在此,你可以选择按列和顺序(升序或降序)排序。

The data in a spreadsheet are sometimes more meaningful if data appear in a certain order.

如果数据以特定的顺序出现,电子表中的数据有时会更有意义。

With the sorting tools in Excel,you can rearrange rows of data according to the contents of one or more columns.

使用Excel中的排序工具,你就能够根据一个或多个列的内容重新安排数据行。 Excel 表格

I got a lot of questions about Excel and need your help.

我有很多有关Excel的问题需要您的帮助。

It is indicated that Excel s fixed decimal mode was turned on.

这反映出Excel的固定小数模式被开启了。

Microsoft Excel dominates the spreadsheet market.

微软公司的Excel在电子表市场中占优势。

Microsoft Excel now holds that distinction,with an estimated 90% market share.

现在,微软公司的Excel以估计占有90%的市场份额而获得此项殊荣。

A blank Excel spreadsheet will appear.

一个空白的Excel电子表就会出现。

A:What kind of electronic spreadsheet is most commonly used?

现在最常用的电子表格软件是哪种?

B:Microsoft EXCEL is the most popular one for the time being.

微软的EXCEL是现在最流行的电子表格软件。

A:What does a spreadsheet come with?

电子表都有什么啊?

B:A spreadsheet consists of rows and columns.Rows are represented by numbers 1,2,3...to 65536;while columns are represented by letter and letters A Z,AA ZZ,BA BZ...to IA IZ.

电子表格由行和列组成。行分别用数字1、2、3……至65536表示。列由字母A至Z、AA至AZ、BA至BZ……直到IA至IZ表示。

A:Let me see.Wow,there are totally 65536rows and 256columns in a single spreadsheet.

让我想想。哇,一份表格里有65536行、256列。

B:Exactly.

一点儿不错。

A:I bet even a full computer screen won t be able to show a complete spreadsheet.

我想整个计算机屏幕也显示不了一份完整的电子表格。

B:No.However,users can use the vertical rolling strip and the horizontal rolling strip to view any part of a spreadsheet.

显示不了。不过用户可以用垂直和水平滚动条来查看电子表格中的任何部分。

A:How can users find these strips?

用户怎么才能找到这些滚动条啊?

B:They are located at the right and bottom of a worksheet respectively.

滚动条分别位于每份工作表的右边和底部。

A:Well,a new word“worksheet”just popped up.Is it still a spreadsheet?

怎么说呢,这儿又蹦出来一个新词儿——工作表,工作表还是电子表格吗?

B:It sure is,but a spreadsheet refers to the whole program,while a worksheet refers to the working area framed by the letters and numbers.See what I mean?

当然是。但电子表格指整个程序,工作表是由字母和数字框起来的工作区,听得懂吗?

A:I can dig it.

听得懂。

B:The intersection of each row and column in a worksheet is called a “cell”.A cell can be selected by a single click.

工作表内每行和每列的交叉区域称为“单元格”。单击鼠标就能选定一个单元格。

A:I am with you.How do we name a cell then?

我能跟得上你说的。我们怎么给单元格命名啊?

B:Each cell can be represented by a row number and a column letter.F6,for example,stands for Column F and Row 6.

每个单元格由一个行数字和一个列字母表示。比如单元格F6表示第F列、第6行。

Computer Operations

计算机操作

Mouse 鼠标

Most mouse devices have two buttons.

大多数鼠标设备有两个按键。

The left button of mouse is used most frequently to click either once or twice on certain icons.

鼠标左侧的按键使用得最频繁,用于单击或双击特定的图标。

Using the mouse is faster and more convenient for certain activities than using the keyboard.

对于特定的活动,用鼠标比用键盘更快、更方便。

Using the mouse double clicking is usually used to start up programs whose icons you see on the screen.

使用鼠标时,双击通常用于启动程序,你在屏幕上可以看到它们的图标。

The mouse is used to move the pointer and the cursor around the screen and to activate programs by clicking or double clicking on icons.

鼠标是用来移动屏幕上的指针和光标的,并且通过单击或双击图标来激活程序。

pointer 指针

The pointer is a symbol that you see on the computer screen when you use the keyboard or mouse.

指针是当你使用键盘或鼠标时在计算机屏幕上看到的象征符。

Pointer sometimes resembles a hand,a bar,or other symbols.

指针有时像一只小手、一根短线,或者其他象征符。

Pointer is used to click on and work with things that you see on the screen.

指针用于点击,并与你在屏幕上看到的东西协同工作。

Pointer is usually a vertical line that indicates where you will type a letter,character,or symbol.

指针通常是一根竖线,指示出你将在哪里键入字母、字符或符号。

key 键

The standard keyboard has 105keys.

标准的键盘有105个键。

For now the keyboard is the main way to communicate with a computer.

目前,键盘是与计算机交流的主要途径。

Enter or Return key —moves the cursor down one line and enters commands.

Enter键或Return键——将光标移动到下一行及输入命令。

Del or Delete key —deletes the characters selected or characters to the right of the cursor.

Del键或Delete键——删除所选中的字符,或删除光标右边的字符。

Backspace key —deletes the character or space to the left of cursor.

Backspace键——删除光标左边的字符或空格。

Space key—moves the cursor one space at a time to the right.

空格键——按一次光标向右移动一个空格。

Shift key —use the Shift keys to type capital letters and to type the upper character on keys with two characters on them.

Shift键——使用Shift键输入大写字母,对于有两个字符的键输入上方的字符。

Caps Lock key —locks the keyboard so it types capital letters.

Caps Lock键——锁定键盘使其输入大写字母。

Tab key —moves the cursor five spaces to the right,the number of spaces moved are usually adjustable.

Tab键——将光标向右移动5个空格,所移动的空格数目通常是可以调整的。

Esc or Escape key —cancels a menu or dialog box.

Esc或Escape键——取消菜单或对话框。

Arrow keys —moves the cursor around.

箭头键——将光标上下左右移动。

Function keys —access commands by themselves or in combination with the three keys:Ctrl,Shift and Alt.

功能键——访问这些功能键本身的命令,或者与Ctrl,Shift或Alt结合的命令。

Alt key —the key you can use to give an“alternate”set of commands.

Alt键——可以使用该键给出另外一组命令。

Alt commands are commonly used as shortcuts.For example,pressing Alt+F4closes active window faster than selecting Exit from the File menu.

Alt命令通常用于快捷键。例如,按Alt+F4组合键比从文件菜单中选择“退出”能更快地关闭活动窗口。

click 单击

You click on an element of the screen when you move your mouse pointer over it,and press the mouse button,usually the left one.

单击屏幕上的对象,即将鼠标指针移到它上面。然后按鼠标按钮(一般是左按钮)。

Move your mouse on top of the program you are interested in and click,and then the program will run.

把你的鼠标移到感兴趣的程序上并单击,该程序就会运行。

First click on‘file’,then on‘new’,and then you can start typing.

先点击“file”,再点击“new”,你就可以在一张新的页面上输入了。

double click 双击

You double click when you click twice quickly.

双击即快速点击两次。

You can start a program by double clicking the icons on the desktop.

你可以双击位于桌面上的图标启动程序。

right click 右击

If you have two buttons on your mouse,you can right click,using the right hand button.Right clicking produces a menu of choices.

如果鼠标上有两个按钮,你可以右击,即按右键。右击会出现一个选择菜单。 click and drag 单击并拖动

You click and drag with the mouse when you select an element of the file by clicking and moving the mouse pointer across it,holding your finger down on the button.

用鼠标单击并拖动,即点击鼠标,并手按鼠标按钮让鼠标指针移过文件中的对象,从而选中该对象。

shift click shift键加单击

You shift click when you hold down the shift key and click.You can select everything in the file between the cursor and the mouse pointer.

按住shift键并单击鼠标,这样可以选中文件中光标与鼠标指针之间的所有对象。

open 打开

How do I open a document in Word?

我怎样才能在Word中打开文件?

Go to the“file”menu and click on“open”.

到“文件”菜单中点击“打开”。

Control menu button is an icon at the left side of the title bar that opens the Control menu.

控制菜单按钮是标题栏左侧的图标,它打开控制菜单。

The Control menu icon matches the icon for the program that is open in the window.

控制菜单的图标与在窗口中所打开的程序的图标相匹配。

If you open the file called Area 2,you ll get the information you need.

如果你打开命名为Area 2的文件,你就能看到你要的信息。

delete 删除

I want to delete a complete paragraph in this document.

我想删除这个文档中的一整段。

Select the paragraph by clicking and dragging the mouse over it.Then press the“Delete”key on your keyboard.

通过点击并拖动鼠标选中该段,然后按键盘上的“删除”键。

cut 剪切

Select the paragraph.The click on the “Cut” button.

选中该段,点击“剪切”按钮。

paste 粘贴

If you want to insert it,click on the“Paste”button,please.

如果你想插入内容,请点击“粘贴”按钮。

enter 输入

The most recent figures haven t been entered yet.

最新的数据还未输入。

insert 插入

And could you tell me how to insert a table into a Word document?

那么能告诉我如何在Word文件中插入表格吗?

Open up the“Table”menu,and click on“Insert Table”.

打开“表格”菜单,点击“插入表格”。

Can you see the dialogue box headed“Insert Table”?

你能看到标题为“插入表格”的对话框吗?

Once the graphics have been inserted,the report will be finished.

把这张图表插入后,这份报告就完成了。

button 按钮

Each window has three buttons on the right side of the strip at the top.

每个窗口的右上角都有三个按钮。

The buttons on the right closes the window,the middle one maximizes,and the one on the left minimizes.

右边的按钮关闭窗口,中间的把窗口最大化,左边的把窗口最小化。

Now it s called the restore button.

这个被称为恢复按钮。

minimize 最小化

When a window is not minimized,the button on the task bar is indented.

窗口没有被最小化时,任务栏上的按钮是凹进去的。

When a window is minimized,the button is raised.

窗口被最小化之后,按钮是凸起的。

maximize 最大化

When a window is maximized,the Restore button replaces the Maximize button.

当窗口最大化时,还原按钮取代了最大化按钮的位置。

restore 还原

Restore button returns a maximized window to its previous size.

还原按钮使最大化的窗口返回它原来的大小。

close 关闭

Close button is an X and it means“the end”.

关闭按钮是一个X,它表示结束。

save 保存

Make sure you save a backup copy.

你一定要保留一份备用的拷贝。

A:How do I open a document in Word?

我怎样才能在Word中打开文件?

B:Go to the“File”menu and click on“open”.A dialogue box will appear.Click on the name of the file you want.

到“文件”菜单中点击“打开”。会出现一个对话框。点击你想打开的文件名。

A:I want to delete a complete paragraph in this document.How can I do it quickly?

我想删除文档里的一整段。怎么做能快一点?

B:Select the paragraph by clicking and dragging the mouse over it.Then press the“delete”key on your keyboard.

通过点击并拖动鼠标选中该段,然后按键盘上的“删除”键。

A:Thanks.And how do I move the paragraph?

谢谢。那我怎样移动一段呢?

B:Select the paragraph.Then click on the“cut”button.Next,paste it in by clicking on the point where you want to insert it.

选中该段,点击“剪切”按钮。然后,点击你想插入该段的地方,进行粘贴。

A:And could you tell me how to insert a table into a Word document?

那么能告诉我如何在Word文件中插入表格吗?

B:Yes.Open up the“table”menu,and click on“Insert Table”.

可以。打开“表格”菜单,点击“插入表格”。

A:OK.

好的。

B:Can you see the dialogue box headed“Insert Table”?

你能看到标题为“插入表格”的对话框吗?

A:Yes.

能看到。

B:Right,how many columns and rows do you want in your table?

好的。你想插入的表格是几行几列的?

A:Four columns and four rows.

四行四列。

B:OK.Click on the little arrow pointing up,in the box indicating“number of columns”.Choose“four”.Do the same in the box indicating“Number of rows”.Then click on“OK”.That s it.

好的。点击标有“列数”框的向上小箭头,选“4”。在标有“行数”的框中进行相同操作。然后点“确定”,就可以了。

A:Thanks very much.

非常感谢。

E commerce is the buying or selling of goods and information over the Internet.An e commerce transaction can be as simple as receiving an order via e-mail or as complex as browsing through thousands of items,adding them to a virtual shopping cart,paying for them with a secure credit card transaction and then having the products dropped shipped (or in the case of information,e-mailed or downloaded)to your location.

E commerce or“online trading”has proved to be very successful for some companies.

所谓电子商务是指通过国际互联网进行商品和信息的交易行为。电子商务中的交易可以十分简单,如通过电子邮件接收一份订单。也可以十分复杂,例如上网浏览上千种商品,把这些东西放在购物车里,用加密的信用卡结算,最后把商品运送给顾客(如果是信息交易,则可以利用电子邮件发送或从网上下载)。

在某些公司,电子商务或“网上交易”已被证明是一种成功的经营手段。

Finding Customers Online

网上找客户