The negotiation is beginning when the counteroffer or the buyer negotiates with the offer or the seller.And it continues when the seller refuse to counter offer or make some concessions in the way of proposals.The course is from several rounds to dozens of rounds till the both accept in and make agreements.
当买方或受盘人还盘与卖方或发盘人进行商讨时,商务谈判已经开始。当卖方拒绝还盘或通过提出新建议的方式作出一点让步时,商务谈判仍在继续。这个过程从几个回合持续到许多个回合,直到双方接受并达成协议。
Introducing Your Proposal 己方建议的提出
the price of... ……的价格
That number is far below what we have expected,but it s reasonable for a start.For singlepalace silks,our current price is $135per bald and $ 165for doublepalace.
这个数字远低于我们的期望,但作为开端还是可以理解的。单宫绸目前的价格是135美元一捆,双宫绸是165美元。
I would tend to argue that the price you ve given is a bit on the high side.
我认为您的报价有点过高。
The latest market report might show that our FOB price is much lower than what you may possibly obtain from Japan.And you should not ignore the quality of our silks when comparing with that of the prices in the countries you named.
最近的一份市场报告表明我们的离岸价比日本的价格要低许多。另外与您刚才提到国家的价格相比较时,不要忽视了丝绸的质量。
We regret to say we cannot accept your offer because your price is too high.
抱歉不能接受您的发盘,因为价格太高。
We regret to advise you that our end users here find your price too high and out of line with the prevailing market level.
我们非常遗憾地告诉你,我方终端用户发现你方价格太高,与现行市价不符。
It may disappoint you to know that the price quoted in your Email of May 7is unworkable.
可能令您失望的是,你方5月7日发来的电子邮件中的报价不切实际。
Your bid is obviously out of line with the ruling price in the present market.
您方递价显然与当前市场的现行价格不符。
Your competitors are offering considerably lower prices and unless you can reduce your quotations,we shall have to buy elsewhere.
你方竞争者报出相当低的发盘。除非你方降价,否则我方将从别处购买。
We thank you for your offer,but we are buying at lower prices;Are these the best prices you can offer?
感谢发盘,但是我们需要价格再低一些,这是你们的最低价格吗?
Unfortunately we are not in a position on accept your offer since another supplier in your market offered us the similar article at a price 3% lower.
遗憾的是我们不能接受您的发盘,因为贵方市场中另一供货商对同等商品的报价低3%。
We can ensure you that we have quoted the most favorable price and we are unable to entertain any counter offer as you know that in the past few years many dealers have pressed us for repeat orders.
我们保证我方已报出最有利的价格,我们不能接受还盘,因为如您所知在过去几年里许多交易商因续购向我们催货。
Your price is 20% higher than that of last year.
你们的价格比去年高出20%。
We like your prices,but the quality needs to be discussed.
对于你们的价钱,我们认为还可以,但是在品质方面就需要再讨论了。
It is difficult for us to sell the goods,as your price is so high.
你们的价格那么高,我们很难以这个价格销售。
It would be very difficult for us to push any sales if we buy it at this price.
如果按这个价格买进,我方实在难于推销。
The price for this commodity is $ 25per pound in the international market.
这种商品在国际市场的价格是每磅25美元。
You know,the price for this commodity has gone up a lot in the last few months.
你知道,几个月来这种商品的价格上涨了很多。
It is not a easy job for us to persuade the enduser to buy your goods at this price.
要说服客户以这个价格购买,对我们来说是不容易的。
make discount 打折扣
We could make that kind of arrangement with you,not a special discount,though.We may offer you allowance on a sliding scale.
我们之间可以采取这种办法,但并不是给特殊折扣。我们可以给你浮动折扣。
We ll agree to give you a 5% discount if you increase your order to 10,000 tons.You know,our prices depend greatly on the size of your order.
你们的订货量若能提高到10000吨,我们就同意给你5%的折扣。你知道,我们的价格主要看你们的订货量。
Good! But I also suggest that you add 0.5% to the discount for each additional 100 kilos ordered.
好的,我还建议我们每多订100公斤,给我们增加折扣0.5%。
I m afraid the discount is not big enough.It s too low a rate compared with those we get from elsewhere.
你们给的折扣不够高。比起我们从别处得到的折扣,这太低了。
Actually some discount on your prices would make it easier for us to promote sales.
实际上,你们的价格打点儿折会使我们推销你们的商品更容易些。
That s true.But if you understand the quality is most important to a product,you ll agree that $ 679is not high,especially when we allow you a 10% discount.
这是事实,但是如果您理解质量对产品最为重要,您就会同意679美金的价格并不算高,尤其是我们给您10%的折扣。
As we have quoted you our rockbottom price,we cannot give you any more discount.
我们的报价已是最低价,不能再低了。
I was wondering whether you could give us a discount.You know,discount will encourage us to push the sales of your products.
不知道你能否给我们一些折扣。你知道打折会鼓励我们推销你们的商品。
We usually offer no discount at all.If the order was for a large quantity,say,
10,000 pieces,we could give you a 4percent discount.
我们一般不给折扣。如果订货量大,比如说10000台,我们可以给你4%的折扣。
There s still a gap of $ 0.05.Will you give me a trade discount?
还有0.05美元的差价,你能给我商业折扣吗?
We ve ordered such a large quantity that a discount should be allowed.
我们买这么多货,应该给点折扣吧。
Let s make an offer 报价
You re offering us this product at $ 1,500 per unit,is that right?
您提供给我们的这种产品报价是每台1500美元,对吗?
Before we have anything to negotiate,you have to make me an offer.
在我们开始谈判之前,你要先出个价才行。
What is the best offer you have received so far?
到目前为止,你所接到最好的出价是多少?
Right now,I am unwilling to accept your offer.
目前我不愿意接受你们的出价。
Well,I will think about your offer,but I will also start approaching others.
好吧,我会考虑一下你的条件,不过我同时也会开始跟别家公司接触。
I hope you think twice about our offer.
我希望你对我们的条件好好考虑一下。
We hope... 我们希望……
We hope agent the goods you are exporting now,because we have been commanding an extensive domestic market in this line.
我们希望代理你方现在出品的商品,因为我们已在支配这类商品的广大内销市场。
We hope you will not lose this chance so that you will benefit from the expanding market.
希望您不会坐失良机,这样您将从不断扩大的市场中获益。
We hope you will take advantage of this favorable offer and send us your acceptance at an early date.
希望您将利用这个有利的发盘机会,尽早给我方发确认书。
We hope to direct your attention to the good quality of our products instead of price.
希望贵方注意我们产品的良好质量,而不是价格。
We hope there are no hard feelings on your part.
我们希望你不会觉得太难过。
We have confidence/are confident... 我们有信心……
We have confidence that our products are saleable in your market and will bring profit to your firm.
我们对我方产品在贵方市场畅销充满信心,这也将为贵公司带来利润。
We have confidence in receiving your order which will have our prompt and careful attention.
我们有信心会接到您的订单,我们将迅速而认真地经办您的订单。
We are confident we will reach an agreement.
我们有信心我们可以达成协议。
I d like to... 我想……
I d like to know something about your foreign trade policy.
我非常想了解有关贵国对外贸易的政策。
I d like to know some information about the current investment environment in your country?
我想了解一下贵国的投资环境。
I d like to tell you what I think about that.
我想告诉您我的一些想法。
I d like to hear your ideas on the price.
我想听听您关于价格的看法。
I would like to order 2,000 of your computers.
我想订购贵公司2000 台电脑。
I would like to see the numbers before we discuss anything.
在我们讨论之前,我必须先看看数据才行。
I would like to see more hard data because I still have a few questions on the data you provide.
我想要看详细的实际资料,因为对于你所提供的资料我有些问题。
Since I have some further questions on your data,I would like to see more hard evidence.
因为我对于你的资料有些问题,我想要看到更多的实际证据。
Concerning the three items we discussed,we agree on item X but would like to consider further whether we can agree on items Y and Z.
针对我们所讨论的三点,我们同意X,至于Y和Z,仍有进一步讨论的必要。
I d like to have your expert advice.
我想听听您的高见。
And you may be interested to know that for both projects I d like to have your organization as our partner.
我希望您的企业成为我们两个项目的合作伙伴,这也许你会感兴趣。
establish/clear up 弄清楚,澄清
Before we get into details,perhaps it s better to establish the basic issues.
在我们开始讨论细节之前,最好先把基本问题弄清楚。
We ve come a long way,but there s still a fair few points left over to clear up.
我们已经取得不小的进展,但还有一些地方需要进一步澄清。
Thank you for... 感谢……
Thank you for coming into this meeting.
感谢你们来参加这一次会谈。
Thank you for taking the time to work out our differences.
感谢你们抽空来解决咱们之间的分歧。
Thank you for taking the time to listen to my proposal.
感谢你们抽空来听我的建议。
Thank you for taking the time hearing my ideas.
感谢你们抽空来听我的想法。
Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you today.
感谢你们今天给我这个机会与你们会谈。
Thank you for being willing to take a risk on me.
谢谢您愿意在我身上冒这个风险。
the result of survey 调查结果
I need to see the results of your survey before making a recommendation.
在我做出推荐之前,我必须看到意见调查的结果。
In order to make a recommendation,I need to see the results of your survey.
为了作推荐,我必须看到你们意见调查的结果。
To make a recommendation,I would like to see the results of your survey.
为了作推荐,我想看你们意见调查的结果。
bring up 提出
Anything else you want to bring up for discussion?
你还有什么问题要提出来供双方讨论的吗?
I tried hard not to bring up the subject of sales commissions during the meeting.
我尽量在会上不提销售佣金的问题。
Would you like to bring up some points?
你还要提几点意见吗?
A:Did you know that property is for sale?
你知道那笔不动产正在求售吗?
B:No,I wasn t aware of that.That would be perfect for us.
不,我不知道。那对我们来说是太好了。
A:I agree.Should I check on the price?
我同意。要不要我去查一下价格呢?
B:Yes,and find out if they are negotiable.
好的,看看是不是可以磋商。
A:Great.I ll call right now.
太好了。我现在就打电话。
B:Who is the broker?
中介商是谁啊?
A:It s a firm based out of San Francisco.
那是旧金山的一家公司。
Opening the Discussion开始谈判
Let s... 让我们……
Let s begin,shall we?
我们开始吧?
Let s get down to business,shall we?
我们开始谈生意吧?
Let s deal with the similarity first.
我想先谈谈相同之处。
Let s get down to brass tacks and begin talking about the new contract.
让我们言归正传,开始商谈新的协议。
We regret to... 很遗憾……
We regret to note that we cannot make any headway with your counter offer.
很遗憾,我们注意到针对你方还盘我们不能有任何进展。
After carefully studying your suggestion we regret to find that we cannot see our way clear to entertain your counter offer,as the prices we quoted leave us little margin of profit.
认真研究你方建议之后,我们遗憾地发现我们不能考虑接受您的还盘,因为我们的报价几乎没有利润。
I don t think... 我认为不……
I don t think we should aim for too much at this first meeting.
我认为首次会谈我们期望值都不宜过高。
I don t think that we need a formal agenda.
我认为我们不需要正式的议程。Could you... 你能不能……?
Could you be more concise?
能不能更加简洁一些?
Could you explain what you just said?
是否可以解释一下你刚才所说的?
Could you give us more details on your financial status?
能否给我们更多关于你们财务现状的细节?
be reasonable 合理的
When we made the offer through our study of your market situation,we were and are quite confident that the price of $ 8.23per pair is reasonable.
当我们对贵方市场形势研究之后提出我方发盘时,我们满怀信心地认为每双8.23美元的价格是合理的。
Taking the quality into consideration,I think the price is reasonable.
考虑到质量,我认为价格是合理的。
quotation 报价
We find it difficult to work on your quotation.
我们发现你方报价很难通过。
This is our lowest quotation.I m afraid we can t go any further.
这是我方的最低报价,不能再让了。
If you have taken everything into consideration,you may find our quotation lower than those you can get elsewhere.
如果把各种因素都加以考虑,您会发现我们的报价比别处的报价要低。
If... 如果
If you want me to give up my position,I can t.
如果你要求我放弃我的立场的话,办不到。
We d appreciate if you could sell it to us for $ 1,200 per unit.
如果您能以每台1200 美元的价格卖给我们的话,我们将不胜感激。
If you buy in bulk,you can get for cheaper.
如果你大量购买的话,就可以比较便宜些。
If you agree,I d say let s get straight to the point without wasting any time on preliminaries.
如果你同意,我们闲话少说,开门见山,直接进入正题。
If I buy this today,will you give me a price break?
如果我今天就买的话,价格可以优惠吗?
If you decide to sign the payment contract,I will be happy to do business with you.
如果您决定签订这一张付款合约的话,我将非常乐意与你做这一笔生意。
lead to 引向
I hope this will lead to further business between us.
我希望这次交易将使我们之间的贸易得到进一步发展。
That leads me to the next point.
这把我引入下一个问题。
the negotiations did not go well/it is difficult tonegotiate with... 谈判不畅/和……谈判很难
There was little common ground between the two sides and the negotiations for the new machinery did not go well.
双方没有什么共同点,关于新型机器设备的谈判进展不畅。
The sales manager from the other company always drives a hard bargain and it is difficult to negotiate with him.
另一公司销售经理总是积极地讨价还价,和他谈判很难。
The three negotiators took a hardnosed position during the talks for a new contract.The negotiations did not go well.
3个谈判者在新合同的会谈中都固执己见。谈判进展不畅。
outline 概括
We tried to outline our proposal but we were constantly cut off by our noisy opponents.
我们试图概括我们的建议,但不时地被嘈杂的对方打断。
What we are outlining here is a major effort to work together with a spirit of friendliness and cooperation to develop a major exhibition.
我们所要概括的是我们在友好合作的精神下,通力合作,举办一个重要的展览。
drive at 其意如何
I couldn t understand what the opposing negotiators in the meeting were really driving at.
我不明白对方谈判代表在会上究竟用意如何。
I wish I knew what they were really driving at.
要是我知道他们的真正用意就好了。
put/make a reasonable/fair offer 提出条件
We do believe that we have made a fair offer to you.
我们确信我们给你提出的条件十分合理。
I also want to thank you for your candor and good faith and efforts in putting together a reasonable offer for me.
我也想感谢您为我提合理条件的坦率、信任和付出的努力。
A:This is how I see it.They are cheaper than our current supplier.
这是我的看法。他们的价格比我们目前的供应商低。
B:Yes,that s one way to look at it.But,what about quality?
是的,您可以那么看。不过,质量又如何?
A:I don t know anything about their quality.
我不知道他们的质量情况。
B:Then,perhaps we should do some research on it.
那么,也许我们应该在这方面做些研究。
A:I don t see how that would make such a difference.
我实在看不出来,那到底有什么不同。
B:Why is that?
这话怎么说?
A:Because a piece of land is a piece of land.What's the problem?
因为买土地就是买土地,哪有质量问题?
B:That is where you are mistaken.Let me explain.
那你就错了。让我来解释一下。
During the Negotiation谈判进行中
the payment of 支付
What s your regular practice about terms of payment?
你们通常采取什么样的支付方式?
Can you accept the terms of “payment by installment”?
你们能否接受“分期付款”的方式?
We won t accept payment in cash on delivery,but may consider payment in cash with order.
我公司不接受货到付款的支付方式,但可以考虑随单付款的支付方式。
We insist on payment in cash on delivery without allowing any discount.
我公司坚持货到付款,不打任何折扣。
You should make payment against our documentary draft upon presentation.
贵公司应凭敝公司的跟单汇票于见票时付款。
The shipping documents are to be delivered to you against payment only.
装运单据于付款后交至贵公司。
We insist on payment by irrevocable sight credit.
我公司坚持凭不可撤销的即期信用证付款。
Payment by L/C is our usual practice with all customers.As a matter of fact,L/C protects the seller as well as the buyer.
信用证付款是我们与任何客户交易的付款方式。实际上信用证付款的方式即保护卖方也保护买方。
run/manage 经营
As soon as you sign these papers,you will run the business.
您一旦在这些文件上签名,你就可以开始经营这项事业了。
When you sign these papers,the business is yours to run.
当您签了这些文件之后,这项事业就归您经营了。
When these papers get signed,then the business is yours to manage.
当这些文件都签上名之后,这笔生意就是您去管理了。
rethink 重新考虑
I will be happy to rethink my decision about the loan as soon as you have collateral.
一旦您提供担保品,我会很乐意重新考虑对于这一笔贷款的决定。
When I see some collateral,I will rethink my decision on your loan.
当我看到担保品的时候,我就会重新考虑对您这笔贷款的决定。
If you come up with some collateral,I will be happy to rethink my decision on your loan.
如果您提供一些担保品的话,我会很乐意就您这一笔贷款重新考虑我的决定。
flexible 弹性的
We have adopted much more flexible methods in our dealings.
我们在具体操作方法上灵活多了。
The agreements I am familiar with have more flexible conditions.
我熟悉的同意书中的条件比较有弹性。
proposal 提议
If you make graphs of your data,your proposal would be much easier to read.
如果将您的资料做成图表的话,您的建议就比较容易读懂。
Using graphs would make your proposal much easier to read.
使用图表会让您的建议更容易读懂。
Your proposal will be much easier to read if you provide some graphs.
您的建议会比较容易读懂,如果您提供一些图表。
I can accept your proposal on the scope of the technology,but not the others.
我只同意你那关于技术部分的提案。
We are ready to say that we can accept your proposal.only if you could accept our proposal on items Y and Z.
如是您可以接受我们对 Y 和 Z的提议,我们可以接受您全部的提议。
We accept your proposal,subject to certain conditions.
我们在一定的条件之下,接受你们的提议。
Frankly speaking,I do not feel your proposal is acceptable.
坦白说,我无法接受你们的提议。
Unfortunately,upon scrutinizing your proposal,we found it unacceptable.
非常遗憾,经过我们审慎地研究,我们无法接受你们的提议。
The sales manager s latest proposal went over like a lead balloon at the meeting.
销售经理最后的建议在会上受您冷落。
pursue/look for 寻求,寻找
The deal for the new machinery fell through and we will have to look for another supplier.
新机器设备的问题泡汤了,我们将不得不寻找其他的供应商。
We re pursuing joint ventures in China because we think we can bring foreign exchange and advanced technology to China while cashing in on its vast market potential and low labor cost.
我们正在中国寻找建立合资企业的机会,因为我们可以利用广大的潜在市场和廉价劳动成本,给中国带入外汇和先进技术。
devote one s attention to 集中精力
If you carry too many lines,you cannot devote your attention to the main line.
如果你代理的产品过多,你就无法集中精力照顾主要产品。
I agree to devote my best attention to promoting the sales of your products.
我同意尽全力推销你们的产品。
discount 折扣
No bother with special discounts,no advertising allowances,just good clean business.
不用考虑特别折扣,没有广告费用,单纯的生意买卖。
After eight weeks of negotiations we gave in and agreed to sell the machinery at a large discount.
经过8周的谈判后,我们最终做了让步,以很大折扣销售机器设备。
competitor 竞争对手
I hope you are willing to match the competitor s proposal.
我希望你参照一下你们竞争对手的条件。
Can you match or beat the competitor s proposal?
你可以参照一下或提出优于你们竞争对手的条件吗?
The competitor has a new proposal.
你们的竞争对手有新的条件。
Then,I will have the information to compare yours with the competitors .
这样的话我就可以有资料把您的产品和您竞争对手的产品做比较。
as soon as 尽快
I ll get back to you on this question as soon as I can.
我会尽快地就这个问题再跟你们联络。
I ll get back on your question as soon as possible.
我会尽快答复你们的问题。
I ll have an answer to your question as soon as possible.
我会尽快地回答你们的问题。
We would like to know your decision as soon as possible.
我们想尽快知道你们的决定。
Can I get back with you as soon as I interview all the bidders?
我与所有的投标人都谈过话之后,再回来跟你联络,好吗?
I will get back with you as soon as I interview all the bidders.
在我跟所有的投标人谈话之后我会再跟你联络的。
As soon as I interview all the bidders,I will get in touch with you.
一旦我跟所有的投标人面谈过后,我会再跟你联络。
I would like to have the title as soon as possible.
我想尽快拿到产权。
take into consideration 考虑
If you have taken everything into consideration,you may find our quotation lower than those you can get elsewhere.
如果把各种因素都加以考虑,你会发现我们的报价比别处的要低。
There re certainly cheaper ones on the market.But when you take the quality into consideration,you will agree that our price is most favorable.
市场上确实有便宜货,但是你把质量问题考虑进去的话,就会同意我们的价格是最优惠的说法了。
be/sound interesting 听起来有意思
The projects you re just proposed are interesting.But we don t have time to go
into details today.Can we meet again tomorrow?
您刚才提的项目非常有意思。但我们今天没有时间细谈。我们明天再接着谈好吗?
That sounds very interesting.With your expertise I m sure exhibitions will be successful.
听起来很有意思。有你们的专业经验,我肯定展览会一定成功。
on one s part/respect 在……方面
I can certainly go along with you on that,but this material is different from others in that respect.
在这一点上我当然很赞同你,不过这种材料在这方面和其他的材料有所不同。
On our part we will supply you with all the goods and support materials.
在我们方面,我们将向你们提供所有的货物和辅助材料。
I m not just making a request on my part,but making an offer for the good of your pant.
我并不是完全出于我方考虑而提出这一要求,同时也是为了贵方的利益。
as far as...is concerned 关于……
As far as the participation by the Chinese side is concerned,what would you like us to do?
关于中国方面的参与,你们需要我们提供些什么帮助?
As far as I am concerned,I don t see why I should stand opposed to that.
就我而言,我不认为我要持反对意见。
place an order 订货
The purchasing department manager threw us a curve when he said that they wouldn t place an order of our products until next year.
销售部门经理他们到明年前不会订购我们的产品,这让我们措手不及。
Well,you know I may not be able to place an order at that price.
好了,你知道按那个价格我不会订货的。
reach/get to first base 开局顺利
We were unable to reach first base over the new pricing policy with our competitors.
我们和竞争对手在价格政策上相比开局不顺利。
We haven t been able to get to first base with the other side about the terms of the new contract.
我们和另一方在新合同条款方面的会谈开局不顺利。
A:When shall we plan on transferring the title for the car?
我们什么时候为这辆汽车办理过户手续?
B:I would like to have the title as soon as possible.
我想尽快拿到产权证。
A:OK.But,I need to have a cashier s check or money order before I give it to you.
好吧。不过,在我把产权证交给你之前,我必须拿到银行支票或汇票才行。
B:That s fine.I will plan on getting those tomorrow.
那没有问题。我计划明天就去办理。
A:All right.Let s meet here tomorrow at 5∶00.Will that give you enough time?
好吧。我们明天5点在这里会面。时间够吗?
B:Sure.Sounds good.You will give me the keys then too?
当然。听起来可以。到时候你要把钥匙给我,是吗?
A:Yes.
是的。
A:I don t think we should deliver to just anyone.We are losing money.
我认为我们不应该给每一个人都送货。我们这样做赔钱。
B:True.Our deliveries are costing too much.
没错。我们在送货上花了太多的钱。
A:That s because we deliver to everyone for free.We should be more selective.
那是因为我们给每一个人都免费送货。我们应该有一点选择性。
B:What would you suggest?A minimum order?
你建议怎么做呢?规定最低订货量吗?
A:Exactly.We should not deliver to anyone who orders less than 10.00.
一点都没错。我们不应该给订货低于 10美元的人送货。
B:Sounds good.We should have that type of policy.
听起来不错。我们应该有那样的规定。
Negotiation Related to the Legal Aspect与法规有关的谈判
about warranty 关于保证书
If the warranty is not expired,then you have a valid complaint.
要是使用保证书还没有过期的话,您的抱怨就是合理的。
Do I need to send in my warranty registration before the warranty is active?
我必须要先把使用保证书登记,才能够开始享用使用保证吗?
Do I have to send my warranty registration in before the warranty is activated?
在使用保证生效之前,我必须要把使用保证书登记吗?
Do I have send in my warranty registration before the warranty is functional?
在使用保证生效前,我必须要做使用保证登记吗?
Since my warranty just ran not,what do you suggest that I do to extend it?
因为我的产品使用保证期刚过,你能告诉我如何把它加以延长吗?
My warranty just expired,and I was wondering how I can extend it.
我的产品使用保证期刚好过了,我在想如何才能够延长有效期。
What can I do to extend my warranty,since it just expired?
我要如何才能延长我的产品使用保证期,因为它刚过了期。
Some things,like the stereo,are covered by a warranty directly from the manufacturer.
有些东西,例如音响,它的使用保证是直接由原厂来提供的。
I know that s hassle,but we cannot honor your warranty on the stereo.
我知道那很麻烦,不过我们无法为你的音响做产品保证。
Our position on the issue of warranty is very simple.
我们在使用保证这问题上的立场非常简单。
copyrighted material 版权材料
I discovered that you are using our copyrighted material without our permission.
我发现你没有得到我们的允许就使用我们的版权材料。
I understand that you did not obtain our permission to use our copyrighted material.
我了解到你没有得到我们的允许就引用我们的版权材料。
I know you are using our copyrighted material without permission.
我知道你没有得到允许就用我们的版权材料。
have the patent 拥有专利
I have researched the patent and found out that there is a similar patent.
我研究了这项专利,发现已经有一个类似专利。
After researching the patent,I found out that there is a similar one.
在研究这一项专利之后,我发现已经有一个类似的专利。
There is already a patent similar to the one I did research on.
我研究的这个专利,已经有一个类似的了。
I am afraid the patent cannot be granted,there is already a patent on it.
恐怕这个专利无法批准,因为已经有一个这样的专利了。
The patent you applied for cannot be granted due to an existing patent on it.
因为目前己有一个这样的专利,所以你申请的专利无法批准。
be noncompete 非竞争的
Can you explain why this noncompete agreement is necessary?
您可以解释一下为什么这个非竞争协定是必需的?
Please tell me why this noncompete clause should be included.
请告诉我为什么这一项非竞争条款必须要包括在内。
I don t see why this noncompete clause is necessary.
我看不出来为什么这一条非竞争条款是必要的。
This noncompete clause needs to be updated.
这一项非竞争条款必须要更新了。
This noncompete clause is no longer legal.
这一条非竞争条款已经不合法了。
Since this noncompete clause is legally outdated,it needs to be modified.
因为这一条非竞争条款在法律上已经过时了,所以它必须要修改。
royalty 权利金
The royalty agreement specifies that you will get a flat fee per month.
这个权利金的协定说明了您每个月可以得到一笔固定金额的费用。
The agreement concerning royalties states that it s a fixed amount per month.
这一条有关于权利金的协定说明每个月的金额是固定的。
The monthly royalty payment will be fixed as stated in the agreement.
每个月的权利金会像协定上所说的一样,是固定的金额。
We never agreed to pay you a royalty on the minerals extracted from your
property.
我方从未同意就你的不动产上所开采出来的矿产给你权利金。
We didn t agree on royalties for minerals extracted from your land.
我方并未同意从你的土地上开采出的矿物要付你权利金。
We never had a royalty agreement for minerals extracted from your property.
从你的不动产上开采矿物,这一件事我们从来就没有关于权利金的协议。
approve 批准
The contracts have not been approved because they are considered discriminatory.
这些合约并未得到批准,因为它们有歧视性。
The contracts are considered discriminatory,so they have not been approved.
这些合约被认为有歧视性,所以并未得到批准。
The contracts have been ruled to be discriminatory,so they were not approved.
这些合约被认定有歧视性,所以并未得到批准。
Now,I just need to get approval from my boss.
现在,我只需老板批准就行了。
break contract 违反合约
You broke your contract with me.
你违反了跟我订的合约。
You broke your contract we agreed on.
你违反了我们的协议。
You broke your part of our contract.
你违反了我们合约里有关你的部分。
the clause of penalty 惩罚条款
I have a few questions about these penalty clauses in the contract.
关于这个合约里面的惩罚条款我有些问题。
I need to ask a couple of questions about the penalty clauses in contract.
我必须要问一些问题,是有关这个合约里面惩罚的条款。
The penalty clauses in contract are unclear.
这个合约里面的惩罚条款不是很清楚。
The penalty for sexual harassment is written in our company policies.
关于性骚扰的惩罚在本公司的规章上写有。
Our company policies outline the penalty for sexual harassment.
本公司的规章写有关于性骚扰的惩罚。
The penalty for sexual harassment is made clear in our company policies.
有关性骚扰的惩罚在本公司规章里写得很清楚。
A:As you know,the value of our company is based on our patent.
如您所知,本公司的价值就在于我们的专利。
B:Yes.However,we are still willing to purchase the company.
是的。不过,我们仍然愿意收购贵公司。
A:I want to let you know that our patent is on its 16th year.
您要知道,我们的专利今年已经是第16年了。
B:The patent has been depreciated accordingly.
专利的价值是随年度而降低的。
A:I hope you are aware that in one year,anyone can make the same product.
希望您明白,一年后任何人都可以做这样的产品。
B:Yes.But,we are also aware that we are one of the only ones with the technology.
是的。不过我们也知道,我们是少数几家拥有这项技术的公司之一。
A:I hope you are right.I am just trying to be honest with you.
我希望您是对的。我只是想坦白跟您说而已。
B:Thank you for your honesty.We are still very interested in purchasing your company.
谢谢您的坦诚。我们仍然很有兴趣收购贵公司。
Closing the Discussion结束谈判
change/modification 修改
We have read your draft of the Agreement.It seems to be a good base to work from,but requires some minor modifications.
我们阅读了协议书的草案。看起来是一份完整的草案,但是仍需要一些修正。
We would be happy to support your proposal providing that a few changes are made.
如果你做几项修改的话,我们就会很乐意支持你们的提议。
Let us know if you would like any modifications in the proposal.
如果贵方要在此建议上做任何修改,请通知我们。
I will include all the changes we discussed.
我会把我们所讨论出来的所有修改都包括在新合约里面。
cancel the decision 取消决定
If you decide to cancel,all you need to do is call us.
如果您决定要取消的话,您所做的只是打个电话给我们。
In case you need to cancel,all you need to do is call us.
万一您要取消,您只要打一个电话给我们就行了。
We will stop the billing if call us and notify us that you are canceling.
假使您打电话通知我们您要取消,那么我们就不会开账单了。
Where is the part in this contract that deals with cancellation?
这份合约里,哪一部分谈到取消交易了呢?
There is nothing that states our policy regarding cancellation.
没有任何部分谈到我们关于取消交易的规定。
Well,I would like to add a clause to the contract,just in case we decide to cancel.
是吗?我想在这份合约上面加个条款,以防万一我们要取消交易。
I would like to receive a refund on any shipments that are canceled.
对于每一笔取消的交货,我想要得到退款。
before making decision 在做决定之前
I would like to figure the numbers before I decide anything.
在我决定任何事情之前,我都要算一下数据。
Before making a decision,I would like to work out the numbers.
在做出决定之前,我要算一下数据。
Before deciding either way ,I would like to figure the numbers.
在决定同意和不同意之前我都必须要算一下。
I think you need to wait before making any rash decisions.
我认为你在做出任何草率决定之前,必须要等一下。
get approval 得到批准
That s the absolute lowest I can go on the price without getting approval from the board.
这些是我能够做决定的最低价格了,再低就必须要得到董事会的同意。
Without getting approval from the board,that s the lowest price on which I can agree.
在不需得到董事会的同意之下,这是我所能够答应的最低价格。
The board has to approve any price lower than my last offer.
任何低于我最后所提的价格都必须要经过董事会同意。
I have to get approval from several managers first.
我必须首先得到几位经理的批准。
refuse/decline the offer 拒绝提议
I refused your offer because I found a better price.
我拒绝你是因为我找到了更合适的价钱。
I found a better price,that s why I refused your offer.
我找到了更合适的价钱,所以我拒绝了你的条件。
I found a better offer,so I took that and decline yours.
我找到了更好的条件,所以我接受了他们而不接受你的。
It has been a longstanding policy of our company not to grant exclusive sales right.Therefore,we must regretfully decline your offer.
不提供专卖权是我们公司长期的策略。因此,很遗憾我们必须拒绝你们的提议。
agree to/on the item 同意条款
I am happy we agree on item X,but I do not see why you object to item Y.
我很高兴对于X,我们能取得共识,但是我不了解你为什么反对Y。
Let us say we have agreed on item X,and to leave item Y as an open issue for now.
让我们同意X,暂时保留Y。
Let us make sure before we agree to it.There is no use agreeing to something that cannot be reduced to practice.
在我们同意之前先确认。即使同意了无法实行的提案也没有用。
We have agreed on all the major points.
我们对所有要点都表示同意。
problem/question 问题
At first glance,I do not see any major problem,but let me give you our official comments when we meet tomorrow.
乍看之下没有大问题,但是明天我们再正式回复。
The number of questions seemed endless and we were unable to cover much ground during the meeting.
问题看起来无穷无尽,我们会议中不可能应对所有涉及的问题。
accept/live with 接受
Although there are still some unresolved points,we are inclined to accept your proposal.
虽然仍然有一些尚未决定的议题,但是我们倾向于接受你们的提议。
I simply cannot live with the price.
那样的价钱我就是无法接受。
appear/seem 看来,显得
Hearing your thoughts on this matter,it appears that our respective interests are not so wide apart.I feel that we can arrive at a mutually satisfactory arrangement if we put our minds together.
听过你们对此议题的想法之后,看来与我方差异并不大。双方如果合作的话,应该可以建立彼此都满意的协议。
Although we appeared to be very weak during the meeting,we had some secret information as our trump card.
尽管在谈判中我们显得力不从心,但是我们有很多秘密信息作为我们的王牌。
That seems to accord to the general practice.I don t think I have any objection to it.
这好像是通行的做法。我认为我不会有什么反对意见。
break down 破裂
The negotiations broke down late last night when both sides refused to compromise.
双方都拒不妥协,昨晚的谈判破裂了。
I thought that the negotiations would break down but my boss had another card up his sleeve.
我原以为谈判会破裂,可是我老板有另外的备用方案。
The negotiations seemed to be broken down but we managed to pull it off through our skillful bargaining.
谈判看起来要破裂,但是我们通过有技巧的讨价还价,最终使其成功了。
It looked as if the negotiations were breaking down so we put our cards on the table to give it one last try.
看起来谈判要破裂了,因此,我们只好摊牌作最后努力。
reach/hammer out/come to an agreement/cut a deal/made a deal 达成协议
After a lot of giveandtake we finally reached an agreement regarding the property transfer.
经过一系列的讨价还价,我们最终在财产转移上达成协议。
After going for broke at the meeting last night we finally reached an agreement.
昨晚在会谈中我们竭尽全力,最终达成了协议。
The negotiations lasted all night but finally we were able to hammer out an agreement.
谈判持续了整晚,我们经过反复磋商最终达成协议。
After several hours of trading we finally reached an agreement to buy the new computers.
经过数小时的唇枪舌战,我们最终达成协议购买新电脑。
We have been bargaining hard all week and are finally making headway in reaching new agreement.
我们整周都在讨价还价,最终在达成协议上取得进展。
The asking price for the chemicals was too high but we met the salesmen halfway and reached an agreement.
他们对化学物品的要价太高,但最终我们和销售商互相让步达成协议。
This agreement shall be interpreted according to the law of Ruralia.In the event of any dispute,an arbitrator shall be appointed by the President of the Ruraliar Chamber of Commerce.
本协议按 Ruralia 的法律进行解释。一旦发生争议,将由 Ruralia 商会的会长指定一名仲裁员。
Well,perhaps we can still come to an agreement.Can we arrange another meeting?
好的,我们仍然可以达成协议。我们能再安排一次面谈吗?
As far as I am concerned,we should be able to reach an agreement today.
在我来看,我们今天应该可以达成协议。
We were able to cut a deal and left the meeting in a positive mood.
我们能达成协议,使得会谈在积极的气氛中进行。
I m so pleased that we ve made this deal together and it s really nice to get to know all of you.
我很高兴我们一起达成此协议,认识你们真高兴。
We both have reached an agreement on all the terms.Please sign your name here.
我们双方对各条款都达成了协议。那么请你在这儿签字吧。
I m so glad that we ve reached an agreement on the contract.
我非常高兴我们就这一合同达成了一致。
We ve reached an agreement on all the clauses discussed so far.
我们对谈过的条款都达成了协议。
need time 需要时间
I would need more time to think about the offer,if you are telling me that this is the best you can do for me.
如果这是你方最好的条件,我需要多一点的时间考虑考虑。
We thank you very much indeed for this talk,Mr Smith You have given us a lot to think about.I shall need a lot of time for careful assessment before making a decision of this importance.
史密斯先生,我们十分感谢你作的报告。你让我们思考了很多。在作这么重要的决定前,我需要点时间,仔细认真地研究研究。
stand one s ground/stick to one s guns 坚守阵地
Although our opponents during the negotiations were very aggressive, we stood our ground and bargained very hard.
尽管我们的对手在整个谈判中都是盛气凌人,我们还是坚守阵地、坚持还价。
We stuck to our guns during the meeting and asked for more time to consider the proposal.
在会议中,我们坚守阵地,要求给更多地时间来考虑建议。
Let s congratulate 祝贺
Let s congratulate ourselves that this transaction has been brought to a successful conclusion.
祝贺我们圆满达成交易。
Let s congratulate ourselves that the negotiation has come to a good end.
祝贺这次洽谈获得了圆满成功。
Let s congratulate ourselves for the successful contract.
让我们祝贺我们圆满达成协议。
A:Several days have passed,and the distance between us is still great.As a seller,I should say that although the present market is not favorable,I m not worried because it s not a buyer s market yet.You re going home today,and it seems to me today is the last chance.On the other hand,though I wish you could stay for another couple of days,for both our sakes,time is money.So it wouldn t make much sense at all for you to delay your departure.Nevertheless,you really shouldn t go home empty handed.So in order for you to leave in a pleasant mood,I wish we could come to a last minute agreement.What do you think?
几天过去了,我们之间的差距还很大。作为卖方,我承认现在的市场情况对我们并不是很有利,但我不着急,因为现在买方市场也不太好。你今天就要回国了,而在我看来今天是最后的机会。另一方面,虽然我希望你能再多呆几天,但是对于我们双方来说,时间就是金钱。这样你们延迟行期就毫无道理了。然而你们确实不应该空手而归。为了你们能愉快地离开,我们能在最后一分钟里达成协议。你认为怎么样?
B:We re worried and we re in a hurry.Our plane departs this noon.In order to save time,we ve checked out from the hotel and all our luggage is out here
in the taxi.Once the contract is signed,we ll head for the airport immediately.In reviewing the process of our negotiation,we have made concessions for six times;yet you have only made one.I can only interpret the way you re doing this as a means to make us go home empty handed.
我们非常着急,也很匆忙。我们的飞机中午起飞。为了节省时间,我们已经在宾馆结了账,行李也已经在外面的出租车上了。一旦签好合同,我们就赶快往机场。回顾谈判过程,我们已经作了六次让步,而你们只作了一次让步。你们这样做,我只能理解为你们要我们空手而归。
A:I can understand that.Unfortunately as I said,the difference between us is too big.On the surface,you ve adjusted your price for six times and we ve only one.But in reality,all your six adjustments cannot match with our one time adjustment.And we don t agree the Electronic check payment but the ecash.From the very beginning,I was standing only one yard away from the center dividing line,which is the goal of coming to an agreement between us;and the spot where you were standing was about ten yards away from that line.Just now you said you took six steps to reach the center line between us.True.But even then,you are still four yards away from the line.I ve only taken one step forward,but I m here stepping right on the line;one more step I ll be out of bounds.So if you really want to come to an agreement,please move forward.
我能够理解。遗憾的是正如我说的,我们之间的差距太大。表面上,你们调整了六次价格,而我们只有一次。但实际上,你们六次调价还赶不上我们一次。并且我们不同意电子支票的付款方式,而要求电子现金。从一开始,我们离中界线只有一码远,这正是我们所要达到的目标,而你们所处的位置离此线有十码远。刚才,您说过了为了达到这条线,你们前进了六步,对。但你们离这条线还有四码远。我前进一步,但是我已经到达了这条线,再走一步,我就越线了。如果您真想达成协议,就请再往前走一些。
B:I agree with what you said.But I do not like what you said about our standing at the tenyard line originally.We were standing at the sixyard line.
我同意您说的。但是我不能同意您说我们原先站在10码远的地方。我们站在6码远的地方。
A:So you re saying we re together now,and both of us are stepping on the same line,right? In that case,there shouldn t be any more difference between us.But as a matter of fact,we can only look at each other from a distance.Though it s not like the Chinese folk story “the Husband Niulang and the Wife Zhinv”,it s like the boundaries between two countries.Even if you stretch your hand,you can t reach somebody on the other side.
所以您说我们已经在一起了,我们站在同一条线上,对不对? 如果是这样,我们中间就不应该再有分歧了。但是实际了,我们只能从很远的地方看对方。虽然不像中国民间传说中的“牛郎织女”那么远,但也有我们两国距离那么远。即使你伸出手来,也无法够到对方。
B:(reaching out his hand) Well,it s right here.If you respond to it,you ll have reached it.
(伸出手)好,手就在这儿,如果你想有回应的话,你就能握住它。
A:Right.But although we re within reaching distance of each other,the difference in our ideas is beyond this range.It s easier to shake hands than to bridge the gap between our differences.No,I can t make any more moves.I ll wait for you right here.
对。虽然我们只有咫尺之遥,但我们想法之间的差别要大得多。握手比沟通我们之间的分歧要容易。我不能再前进了,我就在这儿等你。
B:(thinking) Okay.In order for us to catch the plane,let s move forward together.
(思考)好。为了我们能赶上飞机,我们一起往前进一步。
A:Thanks for your moving two more steps.But I still can t move.
感谢您往前又进了两步。但我还是不能动。
B:(surprised and worried) You still can t move? That makes our situation even more difficult then.No.We have no more room and no choice but to quit and resign.Let me remind you.We don t have too much time left.We ve got to go.We ve already taken two steps forward.
(惊讶地,着急地)您还不能动? 那我们的情况就更糟了。不行。我们没有余地,没有选择,只能放弃了。我想提醒您一下,我们所剩的时间不多了,我们得走了。我们已经前进了两步。
A:I appreciate the steps you ve taken,I do.But the distance is not on my side.And I hope you to continue to move forward.The two steps you ve taken just now are breakthroughs,but not a decisive move.
我赞赏你前进了两步,非常赞赏。差距不在我这一边。希望您再进一步。刚才的两步是重大突破,但还不是决定性的举动。
B:(hesitating before making up his mind;and after a while it looks that he s made up his mind)No.We can t do it.Looks like we ll have to go home empty handed.
(犹豫,过了一会,似乎下了决心)不行,我们不能再前进了。看来我们只好空手而归了。
A:(in a friendly manner) Please don t be so definite.You ve still got some cards in your pocket;not many,though;I ve seen it.Only one left.
(友好地)不要这么肯定。您还有几张牌,虽然不多,我已经看到了,只剩一张了。
B:(calmed down immediately)Oh,really? You ve seen it? You must be a man with extrasensory perception.You ve seen into my mind.That s really incredible.
(立即镇定下来)噢,真的吗? 您看到了吗? 您一定是一个有超感官知觉的人。您看出了我所想的,真令人难以置信。
A:No,You told me this yourself;I don t have this extrasensory perception at all.So,in order for you to make it before your plane takes off,please take your last card out.
不,是您自己告诉我的。我没有这种超感官知觉。为了在飞机起飞前谈好,请拿出您最后一张牌吧。
B:(made up his mind and determined) Okay.
(下定决心)好吧。
A:The contract has been gotten ready and it s right here.Please sign it.
合同已经准备好了,就在这儿。请签字吧。
Contract合同
add 添加
Don t you think we should add a sentence here like this?
难道您不觉得我们应该在这儿加上一句话?
I made a very close study of your drafty contract again yesterday.There is one more provision which should be added to the contract,I think.
我昨天仔细地看了一下你们起草的合同。我觉得应该再加一项条款。
commercial integrity 商业信誉
No wonder everyone speak highly of your commercial integrity.
难怪大家都极为推崇你们的商业信誉。
One of our principles is that contracts are honored and commercial integrity is maintained.
我们的一条原则是重合同,守信用。
contain/include 包括
The contract contains basically all we have agreed upon during our negotiations.
合同的内容基本上都是我们协议同意的。
Some principle points can be included into a supplement to the contract upon mutual agreement.
根据双方的协议,某些原则问题可以包含在合同的补充书中。
rough draft of the contract/draft contract 合同草案
Shall we draw up a rough draft of the contract? We can then talk it over in detail at our next meeting.
我们要不要先拟一份契约草案? 我们下次见面时就可以议论细节了。
We will prepare a rough draft of the contract.Please examine it as quickly as you can.
我们将准备一份契约草案,请尽快审查一遍。
How about preparing a rough draft of the contract according to your standard contract?
根据你们的标准合同来准备一份契约草案如何?
He made a very close study of the draft contract just now.
他刚才非常仔细地研究了合同草案。
be ready to/preparations 准备
Let s talk about the preparations for the contract.
我们来谈谈订契约的准备事项。
When will the contract papers be ready?
契约书什么时候会准备好?
When will the contract papers be ready to sign?
什么时候签契约书?
go over 议论
This is an important point,so let s go over it again to be sure.
这点很重要,我们再议论一下以便确定。
Let s go over the details of this article again to avoid any confusion.
我们再议论这条条款的细则以免产生混淆。
satisfy with 满意
We are completely satisfied with the terms of the contract.May we assume that you are,too?
我们完全满意合约的内容。您也一样,是吗?
Price doesn t present any problems,but we are not satisfied with the terms of payment.
价格不成问题,但是我们不满意付款的方式。
We are satisfied with the terms of this contract for the most part,but we feel that your terms of payment are too severe.
对于合约的内容,我们大致上满意,但是你们的付款条件似乎太苛刻了。
accept 接受
If the lease period could be extended to 5years,then the terms will be acceptable.
如果保证期限能够延长为5年,我们就能接受这些条件。
Under these conditions of payment,we can see no problem in accepting this contract.
以这种付款条件要我们接受合约,绝无问题。
have comment on 看法
Do you have any comment on this clause?
您对这一条款有何看法?
Do you have any comment on making about this clause?
您对这一条款还有什么意见吗?
In the contract should be specified/stipulate in the contract 合同中应明确
In the contract should be specified the name of commodity,specifications,quantity,unit price,total value,port of loading,port of destination,time of delivery,payment terms and sometimes other general conditions of sales.
合同中应该写明商品名称、规格、数量、单价、总值、起运港、目的港、发货期、付款方式,有时还得写明其他一般销售条件。
I think it highly necessary to stipulate in the contract that “The seller should notify the buyer by fax after the loading is completed,or shall be held responsible for all the losses incurred.”
我认为十分有必要在合同中规定:“在装好船后卖方应该传真通知买方;否则,由此而引起的损失应由卖方负责。”
the copy/original of contract 合同副本/原件
Okay now,each of us has two formal copies of the contract:one in Chinese and one in English.
好了,双方各两份合同的副本,一份是中文的,一份是英文的。
We ll sign two originals,each in the Chinese and English language.
我们将要用中文和英语分别签署两份原件。
I m sure you need an original signature,not a faxed copy.
我知道你们需要的是原件,不是传真件。
sign/abide by/cancel/amend/revise the
contract 签/遵守/取消/修改合同
In that case,we ll tell our experts and lawyers to prepare the contract for signing.I don t think this purely technical work will take much time and we can sign the contract at 8o clock in the evening.
如果是那样的话,我们就委托我们的专家和律师准备签署合同了。我认为这种技术工作不会占很多时间的,我们可以在晚上8点的时候签署合同。
The stipulations is that the relevant credit should strictly confirm to the terms stated in the contract in order to avoid subsequent amendment.
有关信用证上的规定必须与合同上的条款完全一致,以免日后被修订。
Please have the contract amended.
请您修订一下合同。
The draft of the contract is ready,will you please check the particulars and see if there is anything to be amended?
合同稿已拟好,请您过目,看看是否有需要修改的地方。
I believe that time will be convenient for signing the contract.
我认为那个时间签署合同很合适。
It will be helpful for both parties to abide by the contract and keep good faith.For any nonperformance of contract may rise to disputes and claims.
这样做有利于帮助双方遵守合同,保持信誉。因为任何违约行为都会引起争端和索赔。
Mr.Wang,do you think it s time to sign the contract?
王先生,我想该签订合同了吧?
We ll revise the contract this evening and have it ready to be signed tomorrow.
今晚我们修订一下合同以备明天签订。
We proceed to our next item on the agenda:the signing of the contract.
我们进行议事日程上的下一项,请在合同上签字吧。
The contract can be cancelled by mutual agreement and with three month s notice it can be annulled.
合同可以经双方协议后取消,且经3个月的公告后,即可废止。we d like to... 我们想
If you have any other questions about the contract, we d like to discuss it now.
关于合同如果您还有什么其他问题,我们现在来讨论一下吧。
We d like to discuss an agency contract with you.
我想与您谈谈有关代理合同的事。
We d like to discuss the terms of payment in more detail.
我们想更详细地讨论一下付款的条件。
We d like to discuss the method of delivery in more detail.
我们想更详细地议论交替的方式。
Before the formal contract is drawn up,we d like to restore the main points of the agreement.
在草拟正式合约之前,我们想先重复一下协议的要点。
send the contract to sb. 寄合同给某人
In case we can t get the contract ready by tomorrow afternoon,we ll send to you by mail for your signature?
如果明天下午合同还做不好,我们就邮寄给你们签字。
We ll send you a draft of the contract in the mail.
我们会把合约草案寄给你。
clarify 澄清
Before we sign the contract,there re still a few points to clarify.
签协议之前还有几点要澄清。
I think that s a good idea and will help clarify some important items that we may have overlooked.
我觉得这个主意非常好,有助于澄清我们可能忽略的某些重要问题。
A:The copies of the sales contract are all here now.Please take one more look before you sign.
销货合同都在这儿,请你在签字前再看一遍。
B:Thanks.(going through the contract) Looks good enough to me.Things that should be there are there.You ve done a good job.
谢谢。(浏览完合同)很好。该写进去的都写进去了。你们干得很好。
A:Well,then,why don t we proceed to our next item on the agenda: the signing of the contract?
那么,我们进行议事日程上的下一项吧, 请在合同上签字吧。
B:Oh,yes,of course.I ve been looking forward to this moment.
噢,那当然,我期待着这一刻。
A:After you.Please sign your name here,here and here.I ll sign it here,here and...here.Okay now,each of us has two formal copies of the contract:one in Chinese and one in English.Would you keep these two copies? We ll keep these two.
您先请。请签在这里,这里,还有这里。我签在这里,这里,还有……这里。好了。我们每个人都有两份正式合同文本。一份是中文的,一份是英文的。你把这两份保存好。我们保留这两份。
B:Thank you very much.I m so pleased that we ve made this deal together and it s really nice to get to know all of you.
非常感谢。我非常高兴我们一起做成了这笔交易。认识你们真是一件幸事。
A:Yes,I have the same feeling and I m sure my colleagues have the same feeling,too.Let me propose a toast to the success of our negotiations,and to our future cooperation,cheers!
是的,我也有同感。我相信我的同事也有同感。我提议为我们的谈判成功,为我们的未来合作,干杯!
B:I ll drink to that.Cheers!
干杯!